My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday, October 14, 2013

Where To Put Your Hands?

I got a letter in the mail with the results of my mammogram.

I don't know why, but I thought it was hilarious that they wanted me to know that my results were abnormal and that I should NEVER ignore breast cancer.

I guess it's good they told me, cause I was thinking of doing just that.

Today was a little rough.

I had a breast MRI.

When I got to the hospital, they put me onto a table and had me lay on my stomach on top of a metal rod with my boobs in handy little cups. They had me lay with my arms above my head - like superman - and hooked me up to an IV.

SUPER comfortable.

I thought the scan was going to be a piece of cake. I was just laying there and it seemed to be going fine.

Then they started the IV with the stuff that would show up on the scan. All of the sudden I started to feel woozy and light headed. The stuff makes you feel all warm and have the chills at the same time.

So crazy.

I was squeezing the call button for the nurse, but because the scan had already started, there wasn't really anything they could do for me.

The nurse said if they stopped now they would have to start again.

So I did what any self respecting woman would do. I passed out.

When I came to, they were pulling me out of the machine. The nurse said she was sure I was okay because she could see me twitching.

She sat me up and I had just enough time to yell, "TRASH" when a nurse shoved the can under my face so I could throw up and pass out again.

Good thing there were three nurses there, because all three of them had to catch my naked self and get me back onto a bed.

I am sure they were wondering where to put their hands.

Good times.

I am feeling fine now, just a little tired.

Good friends helped me organize my garage.

I'm getting everything in order for the days to come.

I know they will be difficult, but I feel very much in the hands of the Lord and I know He will bless and keep me.

Thank you for all your kinds words and thoughts. I cannot express how loved we feel.


9 comments:

  1. Ah sweet sister. Passing out has always been your thing. I remember when you came to visit me in the hospital after the wreck....you let me know how bad I looked by passing out. :) Love you sister....and dont' let anyone get gropey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard the news, loved reading the blog. You have always been a positive person and once again your true positive colors shines through with this new challenge of life. I send my love and prayers your way. You inspire me always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That same thought came to my head, Kristal. That lovely passing out experience with Kristals accident. I am so grateful for all the nurses and friends that are helping you while your family cant right now - We cant wait to be there for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! This had me laughing and crying at the same time. The MRI sounds crappy. But maybe they're onto something with the table with boob cups. That idea could be adapted to beach blankets, beds for stomach sleepers, maybe tanning beds? Haha! Thanks so much for updating for those of us that live far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your experiences. I find myself not knowing whether to laugh or cry. I suppose both are appropriate! i feel your strength and share your confidence that all will be well. We love you all TONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved reading your post. I feel like there's so little I can do but I care so much and reading has been wonderful. You handle everything with so much grace and confidence and this is no different. You're hope and faith inspire me and the fact you can find humor in trials is even more admirable. Love you Aunt Tamee! You're in the Merrell family prayers everyday and so is your awesome family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what we all love about u!!! Thanks for all these posts. I feel the same way about Brian! Ben said if it helps Garrett can come see him for a while;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry, you will get used to the MRIs, Josh is a pro, he naps or now that we are here, they have movies. His MRIs are almost 2 hours long. He used to hate the contrast but now it doesn't bother him. Love you, praying daily. (my kids are praying for you - that is more powerful than me!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tamee, Thanks for sharing. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know you are safe in Gods hands. You are in our prayers daily. I love your sense of humor

    ReplyDelete