My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday, October 21, 2013

Blessed

As I was getting my 2nd biopsy I was talking with nurse. I noticed that she had a scar in the same place I have my mediport.

I was asking her if she had had a mediport and she said that she actually has one now.

She has breast cancer. She is about a week ahead of me in treatment and it turns out that she is just 5 days older than I am.

It blew me away.

Here was a kindred spirit, a sister in my same situation.

And we wept together.

I was asking her how she was feeling. She had had her first treatment last Wednesday. She said it was rough, but it was okay. She felt like she'd had the flu for 5 days and now she was working a few hours a day to get out of the house.

I asked her how she was getting by. She said that she wasn't married and didn't have kids, but that her mom had come down for the first treatment. But now she was alone.

And it made me ache for her.

Because as hard as this is, I have so much support. I have a husband who loves me. Kids that are crazy about me. And a countless number of family and friends who love me beyond reason.

And as much as I cry, I also laugh. And I have joy.

Even in this trial, I am so blessed.


2 comments:

  1. OH Tamee this almost made me cry. Reading about all those that love and support you. It makes me feel so bad for those who do not have someone. In the church it feels like we have a family who are always there to help. What a relief. And how sad for those who do not. I love your attitude during this trial too. I know it is going to be a rough ride but I can see how you are already blessing others through their trials. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tender mercy to meet her and have your lives knit together. God is in everything. Love you Tamee!

    ReplyDelete