My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday, October 21, 2013

$300 Mouthwash

Dr. Willilams got the full pathology from my tumor biopsy and he was concerned about some of the receptors and decided he needed to biopsy my nipple, where the original lesion was located.

In order to biopsy the nipple, they numb it and in order to numb it they insert a long needle directly into the nipple.

And they tell you it's going to hurt.

And then...picture a cartoon cat who has had their tailed stepped on and jumps to the ceiling, claws out, clinging on for deal life.

Yeah.

It hurt more than that.

I told the doctor that someone who got their nipple pierced had to be deranged.

So, then you're finally numb.

And they cut out a wedge of the nipple. It took six stitches to get the area closed.

Luckily, this part of me is going to be removed very shortly, so we are not worried about the hideous scar I now have there.

He also had me do a spit test to see if I have the breast cancer gene. It's now known as the "Angelia Jolie" test - since this is the test on which she based her decision to have a double mastectomy.

They put out three cups of scope. You have to swish each one again and again until your mouth is on fire. It just burns.

And they hand you the small bottle of scope and congratulation you on your $300 mouthwash purchase.

It's truly not how I would have spent that $300.

We get the results back in 10 days.

1 comment: