My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Saturday, October 19, 2013

My One Beauty

Today I cut my hair.

My long, beautiful hair, that I love and hide behind came off.

I didn't cry.

But as they began to cut my hair, one long strand fell into my hand and I slipped it into my pocket and took it out to the car.

As I got into the car and pulled out that strand I finally began to cry.

I felt like it was so dumb to cry over my hair, and the story of Little Women came to my mind when Jo Marsh cuts her hair.

And her little sister comes to her and says, "Jo, you cut your hair. Your one beauty."

And I cried for my hair. My femininity. One symbol of my womanhood.

And as I fight this cancer, I thought to myself, seriously...you're not crying for cancer. You're crying for your hair.

You boob.

Oh wait.

That's probably not appropriate.

But...as a bonus, I went to Ruth's Chris and ate my troubles away.

5 comments:

  1. I never noticed your hair, I always thought that your eyes are your most beautiful quality. I love how they shine when you laugh and how pretty you are when you smile. I would love to see a picture of your new look, I bet you rock it. Love you tons, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would cry too. I think that's okay. You're giving up a lot in this fight and it's sad. But my guess is when your hair grows in again after the treatments, it will be more beautiful than ever. And you're super gorgeous, so you can totally rock the wig look too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister, bald heads are like superman capes! When I see a beautiful woman with a bald head, I know the Lord knows she's one of the most strong women in the world. Wear your cape proudly! Love you sister...and yum! I went to Ruth's Chris once in Texas....maybe one of the top 10 best days of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ruth, your eyes and your smile are always what I notice. Plus, your new short bob is super cute and really fits your sassy personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the attachment we have to our hair, but personally, I've always loved your beautiful smile & contagious laugh! I'm sure you are just as beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete