My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Walking the Plank

Why is it that I'm feeling so miserable about this next treatment?

I'm dreading this treatment more than the last two. (I am sure that doesn't bode well for future treatments either!)

I tried to make a list in my mind of all the things that are worse than chemotherapy - things that I could be doing on the day after Christmas, rather than sitting in a treatment room.  Unfortunately, it's not a long or pretty list. 

I should be happy. I got to enjoy Christmas with my family and it was a wonderful Christmas.  After this treatment, i'll be half way through this process.

But as Keith and I were driving here to the cancer center this morning, in the silence, he said, "Do you feel liking your walking the plank again?" 

YES!

2 comments:

  1. Walking the plank aint so bad if you consider the end of the plank is a warm tropical water swim with vibrant sea-life and brilliant white sand beaches. Cool breezes and a hammock hung between two palm trees. Ocean breezes and soft waves lapping up to greet you. Small thatched roof hut with overhead fans, housekeeper and maid to cook, clean and answer your every need...... ( OK treatment is over, now go home and get well!!) Love you , Tony- Sue- and Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamee - We just got your Christmas card and so I just became aware of this blog. I knew you had cancer but didn't know the details. It was great to read it all and get the full story without forcing you guys to repeat it for the millionth time. My heart aches for you guys and this challenge, but as I read how you are facing it, I can feel the Spirit and I know that the Lord is involved and he is watching over all of you. And I'm very grateful for that. Regarding the hair thing, I haven't had any real hair to speak of since I was 23 and mine won't be coming back. At least you can be grateful that yours will eventually come back. :) We are praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete