My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday, December 2, 2013

Dumb Luck

So the full biopsy came back on the node they took out of my abdomen.

I have Follicular Lymphoma‎.

It's kind of fun to say. Say it few times fast, try it out.

It's grade 2.

Lymphoma is categorized as Hodgkins and non-Hodgkins.

Mine is non-Hodgkins.

This is good, as far as cancer goes.

It is fairly stable and not expected to migrate anywhere else in my body.

The doctor called it a wait-and-see kind of cancer.  He said that they will watch it for any kinds of change.

If it gets larger, they take it out.

If it impedes any of my other organs, they take it out.

Otherwise, they just watch it.

It made me wonder how I got it or why.

My doctor's answer, "Dumb luck."

If this is lucky, I'm pretty sure I don't want to be unlucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment