My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday, December 2, 2013

Denial

Everyone I know who has had cancer, who loses their hair, has told me the same story.

Either you are laying on your pillow and you get up and your pillow is covered with hair.

Or, you're in the shower and washing your hair, and all of the sudden clumps fall out.

Every, single one said the same thing.

And you know what?

I really thought it wouldn't be me. 

Honestly.

About 7% of people who do this don't lose their hair.

And I was certain that it wouldn't be me.

But, if it was going to be me, I thought it would be like losing your hair after a baby. You think you lose a lot of hair then.

Wow. It's nothing like that. 

It's huge clumps. It's everywhere. It clogs the drain. 

Ew. 

And as I am in the shower and holding a fistful of hair, I started to laugh.

And I got out of the shower and Keith came in.

And I said, "Keith, I'm losing my hair."

He said to me, "I remember when that started to happen to me."

And  I thought, "Oh wait, you really are. But what a bummer for you that mine will grow back, but yours never will." 

Poor Keith.

6 comments:

  1. This made me smile. :) Poor Keith! Thanks for sharing these posts. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a good hubby! Love ya Sis. You're a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to give Keith a big hug! Love you sister <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahaha, I love the last line. Love it! Embrace your awesome head!! And play up your big blue eyes! Hope all goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha I love you even more after you just typed this! hahaha Poor Keith. You my dear are as lovely as you are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one, Keith's comment was so funny.

    ReplyDelete