My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday, December 23, 2013

Poor Keith

"Poor Keith!"

I think this about ten times a day lately. 

Which is odd because I used to just think poor me.

I do all the house work, caring for the kids, and no time for myself. Believe me, I complained daily about my lot. 

Now I feel so guilty about all the things I don't do and all that Keith and many others have to do for me and for my children. 

The last few weeks have been particularly hard for Keith and I.

I recovered quickly from my last treatment and was feeling good - and then two days later, it hit me!

One of the worst colds I've ever had.  I started to run a fever, so I went in to the doctor. My blood counts had dropped too low.  They put me on a antibiotic and gave me ordered to "lay low"

Which, of course, made for a horrible week for Keith - as if he need to have even more on his plate.

He literally had an 8 inch high stack of papers to grade, as well as a lot of church demands with both tithing settlement and Christmas aid for the needy.

But he did it all. He cooked the meals, he cleaned the house, he attended all the kids school programs, and he never once complained. 

How lucky am I?

Seriously, though, "Poor Keith!" doesn't seem like enough to say.

3 comments:

  1. I just received your beautiful Christmas card and my heart sank. I had no idea what you and your family were going through. Please know you will be in our daily prayers. All our thoughts and love to you and your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to know you are sealed together Forever. Love the pic on this article. Love the blog too. You have such a great spirit Tamee. My friend Debbie had breast cancer at least 17 years ago and her CAT Scans and PET scans have been clean ever since treatment. She had the really aggressive hair 2 lipter kind, but they came up with a treatment that very year for her cancer and women everywhere started beating this previously fatal type of breast cancer. What a miracle for her and her family and so many other women and families. We are praying for your full recovery for you and your Family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Above comment was from Laurie Patterson Monahan, Marc's wife, your friends in California.

    ReplyDelete