My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Angels Among Us

Round 3
Normally the infusion of the chemotherapy is a rather easy experience.

My sweet nurse Kathy hooks up my medaport, brings in a box of liquid poison bags, we repeat my name and dates, and she sends them dripping into my body.

Then I kick back and watch a movie, read a book or stair out the window realizing the fate that will soon be mine over the weekend..

Unfortunately this time I decided finish addressing Christmas card.  Not my best idea!
I think the leaning over made my stomach upset which caused some incredible heart burn.

I went home to sleep it off and was a little better the next day, but then I had to go in for the dreaded Neulasta shot.

That somehow is good for my be I always get deathly sick with in three hours of the shot.

To boot it like getting a big fat peanut butter shot in the fatty back part of your arm.  As explained to me by Jen Walker.  

Nothing about this round was like the other two. The normal diarrhea didn't start but in turn I got heart burn that started in my abdominal area and shot up through my chest like a flame that burned all the way up my throat.  I felt like smokestack!

 This was NOTHING like any heart burn I had ever experienced with pregnancy.

 I was popping Zantac and nausea medicines like candy with not relief.  Tried white bread, small glass of milk, water, nothing helped.

Saturday afternoon is when the real fun began.

 Wrecking Vomiting.  Which  then turned into the chills, then sweat, and  the shacks, until you start the whole process over again.     And again....    And again..

Mixed in the with mess my good old friend diarrhea, and passing out.  I was a complete MESS!

Finally after about three or four hours of this game my body gave out in to sleep.

Leaving my sweet husband to clean up the mess. Put the kids to bed and somehow get some sleep me self before church the next morning.

Thank Heavens for my sweet friend Jen who flew in for a few days of this train wreck.  She fixed the meals, played with kids, did the laundry, and keep some normality going.

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday all pretty much went the same.

I'd feel a little better in the morning, eat and drink a little, tired and felling yucky by the afternoon.  And vomiting by 4:00 pm

Tuesday night after throwing up for about three hours, I realized there was nothing left in me.

My head was light and air.  I was having  a hard time communicating to Keith my needs.  I was really heavy breathing.  I had passed out on the toilet and then again on the floor.  It was too much.

I asked Keith to give me a blessing.

I don't remember much of the blessing, but I remembered thinking this.

Keith is worthy to hold the Priesthood.

The blessings he is say is from the Lord to me right now in this situation.

All blessing giving are based on the faith of the one receiving the blessing.

Heavenly Father wants me to feel better.

Neither Keith nor I  can't help myself anymore right now here.  I need others to help me.

At the end of the blessing I asked Keith to call 911.

This is were it all goes a little blurry for me but according to Keith

The EMT wrapped me in something that looked like a huge taco laced up at the top to carry me down the stairs.  Somewhere in the middle of being carried down stairs I passed out.  Next I was told they put on a gurney, rolled across my yard half naked , put me up in the ambulance, and we began to cruising down Prince William Highway on our way to Prince William Hospital.

 The next thing I remember was as amazing lady, an EMT yelling "Stop trying to get that vein, She's dehydrated"  And thanks heavens, he had already poked me three time on that side.  Another guy went on the other side and took a little time and was able to get some fluids in me.

This sweet amazing angel EMT could tell that I was freezing, so she wrapped me tight in blanket and held me while I cried for Keith.  I'll never forget this kind act.

She said. "Did your husband give you a blessing tonight?"

"Yes"

"Then everything is going to be okay!""

How did she know?  I don't care.  This kind act and gently word spoke such peace to my soul.  And comforted me when I was in great need of comfort.

She continued to talk to me about my cancer and chemo.  She was very knowledge and tender.  
She stayed with me until they got me settle in the ER and Keith arrived.  Somehow, she knew I needed her for my first ever Ambulance ride.

There are angels among us!

3 comments:

  1. How can there be no tears reading that. Uuuuug Tamee… Thank heavens for the gospel and it's priesthood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this blog this morning and thought of you...It's a good analogy. http://allegoricallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2014/01/about-twice-year-my-pantry-gets-really.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a sweet post! I am glad you feel the love of angels, even ones that are complete strangers, among you. You continue to be in my every day prayers!!

    ReplyDelete