My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Years!

Once they checked me into the hospital, I immediately started feeling better.
 
The wonders of fluids through an iv when you are dehydrated.  Sweet nactor!

Then they gave me medicines for the nausea and headaches straight into my iv.  Relief!

I felt vastly improved with in one hour of being at the hospital.  But the doctor decided to keep me over night for testing because my oxygen count and blood pressure were low.  My blood count was low too but not so low for a chemo patient or in need of a blood strains fusion.  We chemo patients are a sad lot.    I also couldn't pass two of the test they wanted me to do . Don't know what that was all about.

Anyhow, it was midnight on New Years Eve so I kissed my eternal sweetheart, Keith Jones and sent me home to relieve our good friends that came to help be there for the kids while they slept.  They didn't even know I left the house.

As I lay in the ER room, I though about twelve years ago this night,  I set Keith up on a blind date with a friend for New Years Eve Dance.  We ended up talking and dancing and laughing much of that New Years Eve together. (Sorry other blind dates)  Carefree and with no idea what the next twelve years would hold for us as a couple.  As bad as this New Years Eve was, I can't complain about other 5000+ days we'll spent between.  We are blessed!

After he left ,they ran a few more test, x-rays, and ct scan on me before admitting me into the oncology department of the hospital.  Can't complain here too.  Private rooms and they let me sleep in until 10:00 am

Wednesday morning they gave me a few more bags of fluid, and stronger anti nausea medicine and sent me home to rest.

Thursday I went into the cancer center for more fluids

Friday, I started to throw up AGAIN.  So Keith called the on call Doctor who called in an even stronger anti nausea medicine.  Finally something that has worked.

Today is Tuesday and I feel like I'm coming back to the land of the living.  Just in time to do this again next Thursday.   CRAZY!

5 comments:

  1. Oh...saying hang in there doesn't seem cut it, does it. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, sweet girl - you know how to bring in the New Year! So glad you are finding the pieces of good through all this yuck. Love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I adore you! (And how I hate my limited mastery of the English language, but I know you know what that means...)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are right there with you. Reading your posts brings tears to my eyes as I remember those days with Josh. He ended up on experimental anti nauseas, and every cycle we had to change them because they didn't work for long. We were blessed to only have to get one transfusion but it helped him a lot. I wish I could hold you tight like I did for Josh. We love you so much. The kids pray for you every time and we pray for your kids and Keith too. Love you doesn't seem enough to tell you how we feel. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamee....wow. I don't even know what to say....as always. Thank you for putting yourself out there with all your updates. I can't imagine what you are going through with this trial. I pray for you and think of you often even though we didn't know each other too well. I do, however, admire you and always have from the first time I met you in Manassas. I read an article this morning that my husband felt prompted to send me in my email. It made me cry and it helped me in many ways. I am sending it to you and hope you like it too.

    http://www.ldsliving.com/story/74707-how-to-gain-self-confidence-and-keep-it

    ReplyDelete