My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Friday, January 24, 2014

It's the Little Things

So I'm in the hospital.

The vomiting took it's toll and I had an abdominal blockage, so they admitted me on Wednesday.

I am finally feeling better today, but I think I still have a ways to go before I can really say that I'm actually better.

My potassium levels have been extremely low. The day I checked in my potassium level was a -2, and since you shouldn't be below a 4, they got to work making things right. I was having severe cramping and I was dehydrated. Several attempts later, they finally got a CT scan of the blockage.

In order to take care of the blockage or and Ellis they inserted a tube down my nose (well, they actually used 3 different tubes before they got one to work) and used suction to break up the blockage. It looks like they got most of it, and my bowels are finally working again.  Tubes up your nose is top on my ten ting a ever to do

It's amazing how exciting it can be to use the bathroom.

Sorry for the ugly details. It is what it is, and unfortunately, it really has been ugly.

It's been the craziest week, with lots of  really bad weather. There has been snow and negative temperatures and lots and lots of snow days. The kids have been home, luckily Aunt Kristal has been here to keep them entertained. We are grateful that she could come. She went home on Thursday.

I for sure will be in the hospital until tomorrow, but maybe even until Sunday. My white blood count is low. With all the tubes they had down my nose, my nostrils are raw and I have bled and bled. I think I ended up changing my nightgown at least 8 times. The bleeding has stopped and hopefully will stay stopped.

The big thing now is that I have to keep walking to avoid blood clots, and take it easy to avoid throwing up.

I'm feeling a little out of it today and time passes so slowly here. But, i'm glad to be feeling better.

And...in a little bit of the good news area, during the CT scan they were able to see the lymphoma and it's shrinking. It's just a little victory, but we will take it.

Thank you for your texts and prayers and kind thoughts. We are moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment