My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Many Blessings and Great News

Tuesday I was released from the hospital, and sent home to rest until the illous completely healed and my energy came back up.
I am so blessed to have great friends,( Rachael, Tina, Denise, Laurel and many others) who came over to watch the kids and care for me, cleaned my house, did my laundry, helped me prepare for the big weekend and forced me to rest.

So grateful that my parents came to visit and help with the baptism.  Even as an adult, its good to have your mom and dad around when you don't feel great, and need help.

I am so blessed to have a daughter like Kendall turn 8.
We had a great day celebrating her birthday, then preparing for her baptism and feeling the spirit so strong during her conformation.
As her and I were laying out her clothes for the baptism, she said to me. "I'm really lucky to get baptized today, because I only get to do it once, and not everyone who turns 8 gets to get baptized.  So that makes me really special."
 How true!

I also realized how blessed I am for my baby Landon to be turning 3.
For the past 11 years, I've always had an infant to be caring for night and day.
I loved that time of my life, but how grateful I am that we have moved into toddlers and kids only.

One of my greatest blessings this week came on Thursday when Keith and I went to visit the surgeon for an ultrasound recheck of my tumor in my breast.
As I lay on the table the doctor began the ultrasound, and I thought it was odd how quiet he was....
Five, six minutes later he said, "This is unusual!"  then continued to ultrasound some more.
Finally he said,  "I can't find your tumor! The place where is was has a little shadowing but the chemotherapy seems to have complete removed your tumor.  This is a REALLY BIG DEAL!"
He said that the fact that my body is reacting so well to the treatments also puts me in a better category for survival.
It also make all those hours sick in bed, worth it!
We had hoped and maybe even assumed that it would shrink, but to have completely gone, is a miracle.
And I'll take it!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I got the chills reading this post! I am so glad you were able to enjoy such a special baptism and then to get the news on your tumor being gone …. so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! So glad to hear you're getting good results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! I am so happy and hope that this will speed your recovery. We love you and keep praying every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite post EVER! I thought the exact same thing when mom told me…"all those horrible days, weeks, months, of sickness were worth it!!!" So happy for you sista!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's about time you had some good news!!! So glad things are looking up this week.
    Tell our friends thank you from me too. I wish I was there to help you. Just know that we are sending you lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad! What a gift! So many prayers answered! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, about the third time reading this and still bawling - WE are so blessed to get this amazing news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy and excited for you! We sisters love you and look up to you so much! Thanks for being such a good example to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris n Carolyn
    That's great news. Thanks for sharing with us. Your in our prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete