My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Let's Go To Vegas

We got the biopsy back on the abdominal lymph node.

I wish I could sugar coat it, or say that it was nothing, but at this point in the journey you had to know it was coming, right?

Turns out I have cancer. Again.

So the worst news we could have gotten was that the cancer in my abdomen was breast cancer that had metastasized. This would have meant that my breast cancer was far worse than we had previously imagined and had in fact spread to other parts of my body.

Good news. This didn't happen.

The bad news is that in addition to breast cancer, I also have lymphoma.

Since we only have the preliminary results back, we don't yet know what kind of lymphoma.

Did you know there are 87 different kinds of lymphoma? No, me neither.

Luckily...and I use that word loosely here, the lymphoma is not as aggressive as the breast cancer, so we are moving forward with the current treatment plan.

I will do chemo for the breast cancer, and after a bit of healing, I will move forward with a different kind of chemo for the lymphoma.

As I meet with the doctors and learn all that I can about what's going on inside of me...I try to process it. And deal with it. And when I can, try to find the funny in it.

The doctors are so hopeful and optimistic. One of them said to me, "If I was going to pick two kinds of cancers to have, i'd pick yours."

LOL.

I'm feeling lucky enough for someone to take me to Vegas right about now. We could win a bundle.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know Nate and I are following along. We send our love and pray for you often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! How crazy! I pray for you all the time and know you'll have the strength to handle any kind of lymphoma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tamee! You are amazing! Lymphoma is what my dad has had for 25 years and counting. His kind has just been a nuisance once is a while. Im so thankful that the breast cancer hadn't spread..... That is great news! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete