My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday, May 5, 2014

Getting to the "Bottom" of it!

Never guess where I am? 
That’s right, Prince William County Hospital!
I’d been home for almost a week, but I was still vomiting at home if I ate solid food.  With the new medicines they gave me, I was able to keep it under control until Saturday evening when I started vomiting and could not make myself stop.  By 2:00 a.m. I knew I needed help to make it stop, but hated to wake up Keith and the kids, and even worse was to ride in an ambulance.  Something had to be done.
Once again, Keith was a trooper. He loaded the kids in car, grabbed my bag, me, my trash can and we were off to the ER in no time at all.
My Uncle John once said that when he and my Aunt Claudette were going through her cancer experience together, they would go to bed wondering if this was going to be the night they end up in the hospital or what would happen next. She had to be hospitalized 9 times. Gratefully she passed way lying right beside him.  There is strength and comfort in having those whom we love near during times of suffering. 
Keith and I have felt this same anxiety and worry every night.  Cancer is difficult for the one who has it, but I truly believe there is an equally great ache and pain to watch the one you love suffer through this awful disease.
In the ER, they were very quick this time to get my port accessed and started me on pain and anti nausea medicine.  Unfortunately, every time I threw up, I also had diarrhea. I was a MESS!
They took a CAT scan that showed a blockage in the same place as always.  They have decided to take a different approach this time.  Dr. Harrison, a surgeon, is going to go into my abdomen laparoscopically with a camera and some tools to look around.  They are hoping to find scar tissue or a blockage in the intestines that they can fix to solve my bowel problems.  We haven’t had much time to think about this but I do feel like this is the right course of action.  We’ve tried everything else and I can’t stay throwing up every other day.  This is no way to live. 

My surgery is today, Monday, May 5 at 3:00 p.m.  We would greatly appreciate your prayers for me and my surgeon during this time.   

9 comments:

  1. You got my prayers, thoughts, love and anything we can do for you Sis. They will figure this out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that this gets resolved with minimal, skillfull intervention. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOTS and LOTS Of love and prayers Tamee!!!!! <3

    Kellie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your in our prayers!!!! I know your heavenly father loves you and is looking after you. Your trials and challenges are an inspiration to my family. Your a strong person and thank you for posting a little bit of what your going through. Your a great person and know your father in heaven has a plan for you!!!! Hang in there!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are constantly in our prayers, and I keep your name on the Temple Prayer Roll. We love you and your sweet family so much. We have faith your docs will be guided to know how to best help you to heal. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tamee. Google isn't recognizing me, this is Lisa Hatch (David and Wendy's daughter-in-law) I've been keeping up with your journey with the help of updates from Sherida and Wendy. When you are able too get around to this I wanted to suggest looking into juicing. It would be a way for your body to get the nutrients it needs to kick that cancers butt, but be easier on your digestive system. There are a few movies that I think would be good info for you if you are interested. And look into the Gerson Therapy, they have been treating cancer with juice since the 1940's. Please let me know if you would like some more info on this. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. lmh_321@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tamee, you and your family are in our prayers. We pray the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this a little late and wondering how you are doing. You are always in my prayers and heart! You keep on Keepin on! Love you!

    ReplyDelete