My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Sunday, April 27, 2014

In like a Lion & out like a Lamb

Here's a little catch up on the events of March.
I actually went back into the hospital again at the beginning of March for the same old stuff, abdominal pains, and vomiting that lead to passing out, and muscle stiffness from low potassium and oxygen.
They treat me with the same things every time.
Heavy IV drugs for nausea and pain, then they hook me up with some potassium and magnesium IVs and a heart monitor.  
Next comes the ever so painful NG tube down my nose to remove any and everything from my stomach, and then they put me on a liquid diet for a few days.  
Which you would think, at least I'd lose some weight through this process? Right!    
No, wrong!  Those IVs they pump into me are like Gatorade or I guess I'm hearty girl and like to retain my weight.

Anyways...
For the rest of March I felt good, not great, but good enough that I never found time to set down to blog.
Thanks to a good friend, Lindsey Olsen, Keith and I had a little get away into DC, which we both really need to reconnect and have fun again.
My friend, Denice organized a little birthday lunch with some good friends, which was great to feel normal and be with people that make me laugh.
I had some time to organize, rearrange and clean out the corners of my house.  Not that it helped or lasted long, but it gave me some peace of mind.
Basically was nice to just be the mom again.  I miss being able to be up and helping out with the kids and house.  I really miss being outside working in the my yard and watching my kids play.

Because my breast cancer is Her2 positive, I have to do a maintenance chemo of Herceptin every three weeks for a year.  In the middle of March I did my first one.   I had a little nausea and funny taste in my mouth but nothing compared to the previous doses with the other chemo drugs.

Here's some pictures that my ever so talented little sister Kristal Mulder took while she was out visiting in January.  I'll post more later when I learn how to down load them.  Thanks Kristal!  We love them








2 comments:

  1. Tamee, you are stunning. No hair needed to make a statement like that. I think about you all the time. I'm always shocked to read what you are going through and thankful you're still standing and able to smile. Your example will go a long way and for a long time for so many people who know you. Thank you again for sharing your experiences. It's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. Tamee you are absolutely gorgeous with or without hair. What an inspiration. Fight the fight

    ReplyDelete